In 1980, our very own Jimmy Carter made a Presidential Proclamation declaring American Enterprise Day (AED). This day is meant to celebrate the free enterprise system and the benefits it offers individuals and businesses. Check out some ideas on how you can get involved in the celebration!
- Present ideas about the free enterprise system in the form of skits and songs to elementary and middle school students
- Invite business owners to speak about the importance of AED
- Have a breakfast with your local chapter in honor of AED
- Create a MONOPOLY® board featuring different economic systems and hold a tournament during a chapter meeting or economics class
- Have students write essays on the American enterprise system
Besides food, fun, and festivities, celebrating American Enterprise Day can help knock out tasks for the Business Achievement Awards and even allows you to earn points for Chapter of the Year! We can’t wait to see how you and your chapter celebrate, so be sure to tag us and use the hashtag #GAFBLA!