Now is the time of year where we all have made it through to the last stretch of the first semester of school. As expected, there are multiple midterms and finals that face all students before the start of winter break. Usually, it is not uncommon to see your fellow FBLA members and peers anxious and frantic in the midst of preparing for tests. However, what if I told you that there are things that you and your chapter can do to help ease everyone’s nerves in this season?
It is my suggestion that FBLA chapters commit to service this month by hosting small events and get-togethers to help students relax before their exams. In order to organize a purposeful “de-stress event”, consider what types of things would help best soothe students in your school community. A few ideas for events to organize can be found in the list below:
List of “De-Stress Events”
- Host a Hot Chocolate Party- gather together supplies to make this holiday drink, and bring together your peers one afternoon to enjoy it
- Karaoke Competition- find your favorite songs and let the world hear your tunes as you relax to the sounds of music
- Pet Therapy- partner with a local animal shelter and see if you can set up a date for students to visit and relax with adorable animal friends
- Nature Walk- select a trail or walking path near your school for students to go on; nature and exercise are great tools for boosting energy and happiness
- Finger Painting Party- get your creative juices flowing with simple, but helpful finger painting activities (be sure to try out holiday themed drawings!)
- Modified Tutoring Sessions- use your chapter’s resources of knowledge to provide a scheduled tutoring session for students; be sure to interrupt tutoring with fun icebreakers in between
I hope that you have the opportunity to try out at least one of these ideas before final exams this year. Remember to study hard and also find time to give your mind a healthy break!