With 2018 right around the corner, December is a great time to recognize and reward others for their hard work this year. This month, I suggest selecting members from your local chapter to recognize and reward with a sweet treat so they know they are appreciated! Did someone complete the America level of the Business Achievement Awards? Maybe a member showed extreme dedication in preparing for their competitive event or community service project? Write a card or dedicate a post to them on your chapter’s social media sites to remind them how much they matter to making your chapter and our organization such a great success! Continue rewarding the best bridges around and inspiring for the construction of more bridges this year!
Are you ready to build bridges to success at your Region Leadership Conference?
Check out these tips on how you can be more prepared to construct a bright future with competitive events!
- Start practicing and studying early!
- Be sure to look over the dress code to avoid deductions.
- Be on leader time (15 minutes early)!
- If your event requires materials to be submitted ahead of time, make sure to know the specific dates.
- Perform a workshop to build bridges to new connections.
We can’t wait to see all that you accomplish and how far your journey in Georgia FBLA takes you! Be sure to tag us in your RLC pictures and posts @georgiafbla !
Chapters can receive membership awards through growth in chapter recruitment and membership. Membership awards are a great way to set goals for your chapter and to achieve chapter recognition. So start working your way to win these chapter awards today! Here are some membership awards:
- Market Share Award – Recognizes chapters at schools where a high percentage of a student body joins FBLA.
- Membership Achievement Award – Recognizes chapters that maintain or increase membership.
- 100% Class Participation Award – Recognizes advisers who recruit all students in a single class to become FBLA members.
- 100% Membership Excellence Awards – Recognizes advisers who recruit all students in all of their classes during the entire year to join FBLA.
- Local Recruitment of Chapters – Recognizes chapters that charter or reactivate FBLA and ML chapters.
- All Star Chapter Challenge Campaign – Recognizes chapters that have at least 100 members, increase their membership by at least 15 members, and, recruit at least 10 Professional Division members.
- Started from the Bottom Campaign – Recognizes our small chapters (less than 20 members in previous year) who increase their membership by at least 10 members.
- Master Recruiter – Recognizes members who recruit at least 15 new members by November 1, with special privileges and opportunities at the Fall Leadership Conference.
The deadline for membership awards is April 1st, 2017, but get an early start on those awards today!