The Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) National Leadership Conference was held from June 27 to July 2 in Baltimore, Maryland. Participants from across the United States and abroad attended this exciting conference to enhance their business skills, expand their networks, and participate in more than 65 business and business-related competitive events.
Kasfia Kazi from Parkview High School in Lilburn received national recognition at the FBLA Awards of Excellence Program on July 2, bringing home a fourth place trophy in Hospitality Management along with two student from Brookwood High School. The Hospitality Management event consists of the submission of both an online test and a group presentation with judges. “I am glad that I was blessed with the chance to go to the Future Business Leaders of America National Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. It was such a thrilling experience, and I hope I can come back next year!” said Kazi, Parkview FBLA’s president.
The award was part of a comprehensive national competitive events program sponsored by FBLA-PBL that recognizes and rewards excellence in a broad range of business and career-related areas. In addition to competitions, students immersed themselves in interactive workshops, visited an information-packed exhibit hall, and heard from motivational speakers on a broad range of business topics.
Are you considering attending the 2018 FBLA National Leadership Conference? There’s still some more time to decide if you will attend this conference, but here’s a quick preview of NLC!
NLC is the culmination of the hard work members and advisers have put forth all year. This year’s NLC will take place in the historic city of Baltimore, Maryland from June 28th-July 1st. Members all across the country will come to compete against the best of the best and show the nation how hard they’ve been preparing all year. We want plenty of Georgia FBLA members and advisers to represent us at this conference!
You’ll have the chance to see what Baltimore has to offer; from the beautiful sights to the marvelous harbor, I’m sure it won’t disappoint! In addition, you’ll be able to visit the campaign booths of those running for national office. And as a member of our Southern Region, you will get the chance to vote for our next National Southern Region Vice-President.
You don’t have to be a national competitor to attend the National Leadership Conference. I recommend that you talk to your adviser(s) to see the next step in attending NLC this summer. In the mean time, the state officers wish you the best luck in all of your FBLA activities and endeavors and hope to see you next month at our State Leadership Conference!
That’s right… we’re only a few months away from everyone’s favorite part of the summer: the National Leadership Conference. This year’s conference will be held in sunny Anaheim, California from June 29–July 2.
Don’t miss this opportunity to not only SHINE alongside fellow Georgia participants but also meet other future leaders from around the country! Your hard work at the State Leadership Conference next month could land you a spot on stage at nationals, where you could win loads of cash.
Oh! And don’t forget about the incredible Snapchats you will be sending to your friends back home while you walk the streets of California in your trendiest outfit. Your chapter will have the opportunity to network with other Georgia schools at a social event, and buy tickets to Disneyland to create even more memories!
This is a conference you won’t want to miss – talk to your adviser about attending the National Leadership Conference today!
Georgia FBLA has for the past 14 years in a row claimed the title of the Largest State Chapter in the Nation. It is all because of the recruitment efforts of the members, advisers, and chapters. Here are all the award and recognition opportunities you can receive for recruiting members to join FBLA!
Members can win the Membership Madness Award by recruiting 5 members and the Membership Mania Award by recruiting 10 members. Members can also become a Master Recruiter by recruiting at least 15 new members by November 1 and will win special privileges and opportunities at the Fall Leadership Conference.
Middle Level members receive the Body Snatchers I by recruiting 2 members or Body Snatchers II by recruiting 10 members.
Chapters can win a variety of different awards:
- Market Share Award – Recognizes chapters at schools where a high percentage of a student body joins FBLA.
- Membership Ladder (NEW) – Recognizes chapters that increase their membership over last year’s totals (must have had an active chapter in 2015-2016 to qualify).
- Membership Achievement Award – Recognizes chapters that maintain or increase membership.
- Chapter Checkpoint – Chapters that exceed last year’s final membership number by November 1 will receive a special membership ribbon at FLC.
- 100% Class Participation Award – Recognizes advisers who recruit all students in a single class to become FBLA members.
- Membership Multiplier – Recognizes chapters that charter/reactivate by October 1.
- 100% Membership Excellence Awards – Recognizes advisers who recruit all students in all of their classes during the entire year to join FBLA.
- 20 and 15 Campaign – Chapters that increase their membership by 15 members or 20% (minimum increase of 10 members) by March 1 will be recognized with a special membership ribbon at SLC. Chapters must have been active during 2015-2016 to qualify.
- Local Recruitment of Chapters – Recognizes chapters that charter or reactivate FBLA and ML chapters.
- All Star Chapter Challenge Campaign – Recognizes chapters that have at least 100 members, increase their membership by at least 15 members, and, recruit at least 10 Professional Division members.
- Started from the Bottom Campaign – Recognizes our small chapters (less than 20 members in previous year) who increase their membership by at least 10 members.
We wish you the best of luck in your recruitment efforts!
The National Leadership Conference (NLC) was a huge success for our state chapter and members. Georgia FBLA had over 400 members representing our state at the 2016 National Leadership Conference in Atlanta, GA. Georgia FBLA congratulates everyone who attended NLC and the 108 members that collected a total of 66 national awards and 2 open events awards which included 9 first places!
Here are the award recipients and finalists from the 2016 National Leadership Conference:
- Melody Golden, Business Communication
- Alyson Nelson, Computer Applications
- Suraj Massand, Desktop Application Programming
- Torus Lu, Economics
- Nivedha Soundappan & Sasha Lee, Emerging Business Issues
- Miles Clark, Help Desk
- Evan Zhang, Introduction to Financial Math
- Anish Bikmal, Introduction to Parliamentary Procedure
- Elizabeth Lambert, Microsoft Office Specialist – Word
- Elizabeth Howell, Parliamentary Procedure Concepts Open Event
- Sri Bhat, Computer Operating Systems Open Event
- Zachary Wilson, Computer Applications
- Austin Farr & Brett Krokoff, Computer Game & Simulation Programming
- Ohad Rau, Desktop Application Programming
- Jennifer Nguyen, Economics
- Avanthika Ramesh, Electronic Career Portfolio
- Nisha Kashyap & Caitlin Costello, Global Business
- Suchita Kumar, Introduction to Business Procedures
- Sara Beth Hobbs, Word Processing
- Jed Henderson, Agribusiness
- Katherine Nelson, Desktop Application Programming
- Mason Lawing & Shelby Howard, Digital Video Production
- Cecilia Gonzalez & Christopher Sun, Graphic Design
- Kyongyun Chung, Introduction to Business Procedures
- Jarett Jacobs, Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel
- Sierra Jackson, Microsoft Office Specialist – Word
- Barnett Buchanan, Sales Presentation
- Grace Pavan, Spreadsheet Applications
- Bill Loudermilk, Word Processing
- Jonathan Weaver, Agribusiness
- Kailee Rawls, Kayla Stutson, & Maya Edwards, Business Ethics
- Alicia Gomillia, Jessica Phelps, & Dynastee Overton, Business Financial Plan
- Kalei Hicks, Computer Applications
- Marion Rose Young & Steven Tran, Digital Video Production
- Michael Kozlowski, Introduction to Financial Math
- Sai Kilaru & Sayuj Shajith, Management Information Systems
- Kailee Rawls, Kayla Stutson, & Maya Edwards, Partnership with Business Project
- Anderson Duong & Jack Finnegan, Virtual Business Challenge
- Shala Humphrey, Sierra Jackson, & Dynastee Overton, American Enterprise Project
- Hailee Sontag & Matthew McDaniel, Business Plan
- Isaac Bivins, Computer Problem Solving
- Alice Tang, Elaine Chan, & Kristin Graves, Hospitality Management
- Rishabh Ghora & Sai Maddali, Mobile Application Development
- Johnathan Rudovich & Kaden Campbell, Banking & Financial Systems
- Lauren Nohl, Client Service
- Jajuan Jackson, Jessica Lyons, & Laura Phan, Stockbridge High School
- Jalen Granski, Database Design & Applications
- Kalyani Ballur, Insurance & Risk Management
- Jenny Kong, Sravya Koya, & Tombalina Pham, Social Media Campaign
- Louise Zhuang, Business Communication
- Nishant Reddy, Future Business Leader
- Angela Yu, Introduction to Business Procedures
- Brian Hu, Geneva Oke, & Shelley Ling, Marketing
- Esha Shah, Sarah Alexander, and Surya Akella, Emerging Business Issues
- Pratima Bajaj, Job Interview
- Dane Bush, Robert Sabow, & Kurt Knaut, Network Design
- Shayan Merchant, Michael George, & Rohan Rege, Banking & Financial Systems
- Morgan Taje, Sophie Frostbaum, & Tanaka Chipere-Chitiyo, Business Plan
- Josh Seides & Rohan Bagga, Community Service Project
- Gururaj Deshpande, Desktop Application Programming
- Andrew Freeman, Future Business Leader
- Benjamin Dugger & Srikar Thammishetti, Sports & Entertainment Management
- Matthew Rainey & Paris Mitchell, 3-D Animation
- Daniel Batterman, Business Law
- Jackson Taylor, Database Design & Applications
- Sri Bhat, Economics
- Andrew Fu, Dhakshi Balakumar, & Haiwen Gui, Entrepreneurship
- Gloria Chan & Muscan Raghuwanshi, Social Media Campaign
FIRST PLACE STATE AWARDS:
- Georgia FBLA, Largest State Chapter Membership
- Georgia FBLA, Largest Increase in State Chapter Membership
- Georgia FBLA, Largest State Chapter Membership – Professional Division
- Derek Walls, Businessperson of the Year
- Sheri Smith, Outstanding Local Adviser
- Kenny Zhou, Who’s Who in FBLA
- Michael Leeder, Client Service
- Tara Cooper, E-business
- Kenny Zhou, Future Business Leader
- Divyesh Gutta, Kayvon Dibai, & Siddhartha Vemuri, Global Business
- Chandler Kelley, Graphic Design
- Jolie Liu & Pallavi Ganesan, Hospitality Management
- Dheeraj Eidnani, Dylan Yarbrough, & Joshua Ojo-Osajie, Management Decision Making
- Quincey Wilson & Jordan Robinson, Management Decision Making
- Angelica Wagner, Brandon Kang, & Macy McKinley, Marketing
- Alec Zhan & Ram Bukkarayasamudram, Mobile Application Development
- Noah Wright, Tiana Johnson, Himani Patel, Brandon Byrd, & Omkar Waingankar, Parliamentary Procedure
- Adam Penland, Public Speaking
- Tyler Hamby & Marley Hamby, Publication Design
- Zion Young & Stephanie Martin, Sports & Entertainment Management
Congratulations to all of our outstanding National competitors! You did a phenomenal job in Atlanta representing Georgia FBLA. We cannot wait to see what Nationals will hold in Anaheim next summer!