In a couple of months, after winter break has passed and second semester is in full swing, it will be time for FBLA-PBL Week! This year, FBLA-PBL week is February 4th-10th! Get excited, because this is the time to celebrate FBLA and show all of your friends and peers the great opportunities that our organization has to offer. From competition, to business skills, to professional dress, FBLA has many programs and opportunities that help to to bring business and education together. During this week, your chapter can educate the public on all that we do!
Here are popular ways to celebrate FBLA-PBL Week:
- Sunday: Share Your FBLA-PBL Story Day-Share your FBLA-PBL story on social media. Tell why you joined, your favorite FBLA-PBL memory, or what FBLA-PBL has done for you. Tag your story on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with #FBLAPBLWeek.
- Monday: National Presidents’ Forum & Fight to the Finish-All three division national presidents (FBLA, PBL, and Professional Division) host a live Internet broadcast to kick off FBLA-PBL Week.
- Tuesday: Each One Reach One Day- Talk to peers and community members about your FBLA-PBL experiences. And, of course, ask them to join!
- Wednesday: Professional Attire Day/Adviser Appreciation Day- Dress for success and share your appreciation for those that teach, lead, and mentor your chapter.
- Thursday: Career Awareness Day- Get involved with your Professional Division and connect with community leaders.
- Friday: FBLA-PBL Spirit Day-Show your FBLA-PBL pride by posting a group photo to the Georgia FBLA and National FBLA Facebook pages using #FBLAWeek on Twitter and Instagram.
- Saturday: Community Service Day-Choose a community service project to support. Suggested activities include working with the March of Dimes, volunteering at a homeless shelter, or conducting a blood drive.
In addition to these activities, your chapter can also brainstorm some ideas that celebrate FBLA. For example, a good idea is to incorporate member appreciation–officers can create goody bags with candy and treats for chapter members. This is also a good time to have a social, bringing your chapter together to relax. The possibilities are endless; we are eager to see how you celebrate FBLA Week! In addition to using #FBLAWeek, tag your posts with #GAFBLA so members and advisers across the state can see how you are celebrating!